Tuesday, April 11, 2006

PH Test

Mommy and daddy are thinking of getting me a gastrostomy. It's a feeding tube that comes straight out the stomach. I think it's a great idea, I hate the nasogastric tube.. i pull it out 2-3 times a day. It hurts when they put it in, I cry and try and fight them. I can't help it though, it's not nice having a tube shoved down your nose and throat, it makes me wretch and i wanna be sick. I had to have a PH test done at the whittington. If i have a gastrostomy the doctor wants to make sure that i don't have severe reflux. If i did have severe reflux i'd have to have a fundoplication at the same time as the gastrostomy. Mommy and daddy are hoping i won't have to have that, cos it's irreversible. I didn't like the PH test, they put a tube down my nose to just where my stomach starts, it was attached to a machine and mommy had to press buttons to record when i ate, slept, woke up. It was horrible cos i had a feeding tube in one nostril and a PH tube in the other! But we managed to do it and the results showed i have mild reflux. Hopefully that means i don't need a fundoplication but we have to do one more test to make sure. Mommy tried feeding me chocolate when i got home, because of my feeding aversions i get to eat things that other kids can't have! They're trying to make me excited about food, but it's not working, they'll just have to be patient with me.

No comments: