Friday, August 17, 2007

drdrdrdrdrdrdrdrdrdrdrrrrr (that's a drum roll!)

I had my latest developmental assesssment over 2 days. I'm approx 6 months behind in my gross motor skills... learnt to walk 2 months ago so that's not bad at all, i'm happy going up stairs... just not so happy going down (gives me the heebie jeebies). I'm 10 months behind in speech... that's also pretty good. Dad speaks to me in italian and mom speaks to me in english so it's taking me a bit of time to work that all out. I'm extremely vocal and my understanding is good... so it's just a matter of time before i start nattering. I have long converstations with anyone who'll listen at the moment.. soon all my expressions and sounds will turn into words.

and.. guess what..??? i'm 2 months behind in my fine motor skills!!!!!!!! I'm feeding myself really well with a spoon, i can hold a yoghurt pot and dip the spoon in with my other hand and feed myself... i'm also really good at drawing and holding a crayon. I'm doing so well, my new therapists are really pleased with me. i really like them all.. they're patient and don't push me. if i don't like what they're trying to make me do they work around it and make it all fun.

I'm changing and growing up. I have a gsoh... if i do say so myself :-)

No comments: