Sunday, February 18, 2007

The first of many?

I had a little bump yesterday. I cried cos it was sore. Mommy picked me up to give me a cuddle and saw that i dribbled a bit of blood on her shirt. Because i've had heart surgery there's a risk i can get Endocarditis from a cut in my mouth. Endocarditis attacks the heart valves. The risk isn't high, it's just higher for heart children. I had to go to hospital and have antibiotics. They gave me one shot through a cannula, then i had the second shot orally at home. I also have to have antibiotics before i go to the dentist. There's lots of bacteria in the mouth.

Mommy wants to try and get some in powder form to keep at home. I'm a boy so sure there'll be other times when i bite my lip or whatever from falling. Especially now that i'm learning to walk.

No comments: