Friday, April 13, 2007

Passed my hearing test....

... with flying colours! It was quite an intense test. i didn't really like it. The first half was ok cos it was fun. we sat in a room and the nice lady sat opposite me with puppets and things. i'd hear a sound and every time it played a puppet would light up in a windowo on my right. The lady opposite me would distract me again... I learnt to associate the sound with a reward. So every time i heard the sound, i knew to look for the puppet in the window. If i didn't look for it, it meant i didn't hear the sound. I was really good. The sound was played at different pitches, found them all fine but the really quiet one was quite tough. I did get about 3 in a row which i think puts me in the 'normal' range of hearing.

Then i had to have an ear plug type of thing playing these clicking noises. it was measuring my inner ear and how it responds to sound by vibrating. all went well and i passed the test! mom was sure my hearing was fine, it's just good to rule it out and to know all's well.

No comments: