Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Feeding Therapy

I had my first feeding therapy today. Tim's my speech and language therapist, he's really fun! We sing a hallo song to everyone, they do sign-language at the same time, i found that really interesting cos i've never seen sign language before. We sing 'old macdonald had a farm..' and we have to dig out animals that they've hidden in jelly. Mommy has to guide my hand to reach though, the jelly's quite stiff and i'm not quite sure what to do. Then they stimulate my oral area. Tim has a vibrating thing that looks like a snake. I love biting into it and it wakes up my mouth and tongue! Mommy even bought me one off the internet cos she could see i liked it so much. Tim told us a story about a bear hunt. it was really good.. these kids sneak out at night and go hunting for bears. On the way they come to grass.. but they can't go under it or over it, they have to go THROUGH it, then Tim holds a bowl of lettuce in front of us to touch and taste. I like chewing on it but if any breaks off on my tongue i spit it out. Then the kids come to a river... they can't go under it or over it, they have to go THROUGH it. Tim holds out a bowl of water for us to touch and feel, i love water, i recognise it from swimming and my bath times. THEN they come to mud, they can't go under it or over it, they have to go THROUGH it.. this is the best part cos we get to eat melted chocolate, it's very messy and i get chocolate all over me but it's worth it! Then it snows and we get to touch marshmallows, they're all squishy and sticky.. i don't like them much. The story ends when they find the bear and tim growls at us with a teddy bear... it doesn't scare me though, i don't think tim growls like a real bear.. but don't tell him i said that ;-)

No comments: