Tuesday, May 22, 2007

3 procedures... one general anaesthetic

Had a really long day yesterday. Mom, dad and elisa dropped me at nursery. There was a photographer there taking pics of us. He scared me. I played for about an hour then we all went to great ormond street. I was really hungry but wasn't allowed to eat, i had a nice surprise though, Lizzy, Tara and India came to visit me briefly. They bought me the most gorgeous monkey pj's (cos i'm a monkey), and a cute monkey toy too. It was so nice to see them, i showed Lizzy how i can walk. After they left i went to sleep.

I didn't really say goodbye to aunty elisa, i wasn't feeling great. I was taken down to a room, mom held me while the nurse put a mask over my face. i didn't like it and it smelt funny. i fell asleep really quickly.

I was under for about an hour and a half. My throat was really dry and i was in pain when i woke up. Mom cuddled me and sang my favourite songs which calmed me down a bit. The doctors descended a teste, all went well but it's smaller than my other one. But that doesn't matter. They tried to unblock my tear duct but couldn't. I'm going back in 6 weeks for a check up, they may refer me to moorfields eye hospital for further investigation/surgery. The dentists had a good look at my teeth. Luckily they didn't need to extract any but 4 of my back teeth need crowns so i'm on a waiting list for those. Was hoping i wouldn't need any more general anaesthetic's... but looks like that won't be the case.

I'm feeling ok today, just very tired and in a bit of pain. There's quite a big cut on my groin, i'm not allowed to ride a bike but somehow don't think there's any chance of that!



1 comment:

Santa Claus said...

Luca you are such a brave boy, we are thinking of you and we hope that you will be feeling back to yourself again very quickly. I love your new monkey pj's!
Lots of love
S & J
x