Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Heart, blue lips and endocarditis

I had a heart check-up today, they did an echo. All's functioning wonderfully and i don't have to go back for a whole YEAR!!!!!!! Every now and then i get blueish lips and finger nails, mom asked about it and it's normal for my age apparently... not heart-related and something i'll grow out of. It usually happens after a swim or when you're cold or eating, mine sometimes go blue when i'm eating. Mom's relieved and so am i. Didn't fancy more heart surgery.

I've had antibiotics once when i cut my mouth after a fall because of the risk of developing endocarditis, mom asked if it was really necessary cos antibiotics aren't hugely good for you. He said i only have to have them if i need stitches in my mouth or if i have a tooth extraction or something like that. So that's a big relief. All in all a really good day.

1 comment:

Giulio said...

Hi Luca, this is Lorenzo from Italy, sorry for my English but you know, mom is German, dad is Italian and I got some problem with a third language... anyway I'm very happy for you that you don't have to go back to the heart doctor for 1 year! Hope to see you soon so that we can play togheter! A big kiss, Lorenzo.