Sunday, December 17, 2006

Bronchiolitis

Hi everyone. I'm in hospital, been in since friday. i've hardly slept. I'm on oxygen 24/7 cos it's hit me really hard. I'm being nebulized with steroids (sounds like something from star wars), at first every hour, then every 2 hours, now it's every 3 hours. mommy asked that they take care when they do it, cos it always wakes me up. So far i haven't slept through one of them. I'm like a zombie.

The doctor's mentioned the ng tube, to help me feed. Mommy and daddy said under no circumstances are they to put one in. YAY!! they've been syringing milk into me instead. that way i don't have to work so hard. but that was then, now i'm drinking from a bottle again but don't fancy eating. I've lost lots of weight. But it'll come back.

As soon as i'm coping without oxygen i'll be home. can't wait. I'm sick of the ward, it's noisy, bright lights and they wouldn't even let mommy or daddy take me for a walk. I just wanted a change of scene, but cos i'm on oxygen i have to stay where i am. (tut).

will blog again when i'm home for good.

2 comments:

Santa Claus said...

Oh Luca, poor thing. Shame, we hope you are home very soon. Thinking of you all the time.
Love from us in NZ.

lumar said...

Luca, hold out. I hope you came back at home asap to stay with mom+dad for a wonderful christmas full of gifts.
PS: Luca, take care of mod+dad because they need your encouragement!

Luca