Sunday, November 05, 2006

Day 7

I managed 270ml in 24 hours. Not really enough but by my standards it’s pretty good! I’m drinking a milk called Aptimel. It has lots of calories and loads of vitamins and things. I’m not really wanting to eat at the moment, but I guess it’s cos I’m full up on milk. I know mommy’s relieved, she’d rather I was drinking, than eating.. eating will come. I woke up every hour in the night for some bottle, I’m not holding the bottle myself, I’m wanting it fed to me. Mommy’s always been told that I’d lost my sucking reflex and that I’d learn to eat before I drank. She’s going to write a letter to my old paediatrican and speech therapist, just to let them know what I’m doing and to tell them about Austria. Cos there could be other kids like me who’d benefit from it. I think they’ll be shocked to hear I’m drinking from the bottle again. Mommy certainly was! They were trying me on beaker cups and I just didn’t like it, I find the milk flow coming out the bottle much easier to handle. I’m even managing to swallow and breathe all the same time.

It’s so nice going out for walks without worrying about tubes, carrying syringes and all that malarkey. All we needed was my bottle. It was AMAZING! I also don’t have the tube bothering me anymore. I can’t believe that I’ll never go through that again.

We had a speilessen at home today. (that’s the name for the picnic), translated it means ‘play food’. I licked my fingers a bit but didn’t eat much at all. But that’s ok. What’s important is I’m just left to get on with it and make some mess.

No comments: