Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Physio and speech

I had physio today, Tim came along to work a bit on my speech too. Katherine's really pleased with my progress. I crawled for her a couple of times, but wasn't my usual busy self. I felt quite tired. I fell asleep in the car on the way home... don't think i slept enough this morning. Mommy has to try new sounds with me, 't' and 'd', as well as continuing with the sounds i can already do. Also, i've been taking a few sips from a beaker cup lately, but when i get to the 3rd sip i spit it out. Tim's told mommy to let me stop at the 2nd sip until i'm ready to move to the 3rd. Patience is the key and i must always have good memories/experiences of my food play, drinking etc, or else my aversion will be even harder to get rid of. Katherine said i must stand at a table and play with toys, mommy must give me light support and make sure i'm standing straight and not leaning to one side. I also have to practise the sitting to crawling position and especially learn to bear weight on my left side, i prefer my right side you see. I also have to learn to go from kneeling position into standing position. It's all really exciting, I'll be able to explore so much more!

Here's a picture of Tim and Katherine giving me therapy.

No comments: