Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Physio and speech

Stuart's back from holiday. He took me to speech and physio today. Katherine said i'm doing much better at trying to stand. When i play with toys on my table and i drop them, no-ones to pick them up for me. I'm not looking for my toys when they fall, so if i want them back i'm going to have to get them myself (tut). Katherine also noticed how much i love to look in the mirror. She said it'll be good to stand in front of it, so i can see what i'm doing. Mommy's going to ask daddy to put a mirror up for me, there's one in storage they can use. Tim's given some more tips on speech. He wants me to learn how to say 'more'. He said the best way is with bubbles. Mommy's to blow a bubble and then stop. If i want her to blow more bubbles, or if i look at her and make a sound, mommy must say 'mmm... more', then blow. so i learn to associate the two things. Mommy must praise me when i make 'm' sounds or 'more' sounds. Mommy must also copy sounds and actions that i do, once i've got the hang of the interaction mommy must add new sounds, like b, t and m at the end. He suggested doing this in front of a mirror. Looks like the mirror's going to come in handy.


No comments: