Thursday, September 14, 2006

Occupational Therapy

Phew that was a busy session. We did a lot of play, with building blocks. She was trying to get me to put them in a container... i was really good at bringing them out... not as good putting them back in though. Mommy's got to buy some building blocks for me, hopefully at the w/e. She did ask at the last session if she should buy some and was told that i wasn't really ready.. but this time i am apparently... so maybe that's a good thing. I have to work on my pincer grip, i'm not very good at picking up really small objects. She wants me to pick up raisins. Another lady from KIDS also suggested that but what if i put one in my mouth, and choke... then don't want to eat. Too risky i think. I could lose all my confidence with food. Choking is traumatic. Raisins can wait! Also, when she wanted me to put my hands in bowl of beans (the dry kind!), i didn't want to. She said i could have sensory issues, but I'm totally fine with messy play. ok, grass and sand on my feet feels funny... but i just have to get used to it. I don't think i've got sensory issues. But, time will tell. She gave mommy some notes to refer to, to encourage my fine motor skills. Mommy noticed that it mentioned play dough. aunty kir is sending mommy a recipe to make it, apparently it's great for fine motor skills. Play dough is non-toxic so if i eat some i'll be ok. although it's very salty so i probably won't like the taste.

I've had a bad day. my milk volume's been cut and i'm not happy. I'm hungry. I know mommy and daddy want to see if it'll instigate hunger... they're gonna keep giving me the smaller volume over the w/e until next week when i've got an appointment with my paed. At the moment the decreasing thing seems to be a bit counter-productive. I'm too irritable to want to eat solids. but it's the first day and mommy's school motto was 'perseverance' so i think that's what she's gonna do (sigh). It's a learning curve, for me, and for mommy and for daddy.

1 comment:

Santa Claus said...

Hang in there all of you!